Friday, January 13, 2017

Week of January 16-20, 2017

Welcome Falcons!
     This week we will continue reading Esperanza Rising by: Pam Munoz Ryan.  I'm so excited to see how much you all are consumed with the book.  The fact that I listen you all talk about it with such enthusiasm is without a doubt thrilling.  I especially love that when I ask questions, every single one of you has their hand up and is ready to provide a response.
     I must admit that I'm extremely proud of you all.  As students, you all are demonstrating that you're willing to give it all you've got to succeed.  This readiness will definitely lead you to the road to success.
     I need to remind you that it's really important that you read your assigned Chapters in order to be prepared for the class discussion the following day.  By reading assigned Chapters, it will also allow you to be ready for assignments that must be completed.
     Students keep in mind that STAAR is right around the corner, and you all need to be prepared.  If you all do not stay focused, it can affect you.  Since our goal is to do the best that we can, we must remain dedicated, devoted and focused in order to be prepared for anything that is headed our way.
     On Friday we will have another Quiz over the Chapters read.  Please make sure to read so you can do extremely well on the test.  Reading the assigned Chapters will allow you to get the results you want.
     Attendance is extremely important.  Remember that if you are absent one day, you end up missing out on a lot.  This then leads you to fall behind, and we cant's afford this.  Please make sure to come every day, and as I have stated before, I completely understand inevitable situations.  
     Watch this short video that was made based on Esperanza Rising.  For extra credit, create a Venn Diagram that is nice, neat, and unique.  You must include: similarities and differences you encountered within the novel and the video.  I hope you enjoy it.

Thank you,
Ms. Narvaez
   
   

1 comment:

  1. I hope students are taking advantage of the opportunities you give for extra credit. :)

    ReplyDelete