Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Week of January 30- February 3, 2017

Welcome Falcons!
     Here we are beginning a new week.  It seems like the days are flying by.  Well, we have finally finished with Esperanza Rising, and I'm glad you all enjoyed it.  You all did Amazing with the class discussions.  I must admit that I was truly impressed.  Whenever, I asked questions you all knew the answers or would immediately grab your book and begin to look for the answer.  Way to go 6th graders keep it up! By continuing with this attitude, I know you all will do great!
     As promised, this week, we will be reading The Phantom Tollbooth, a play from our Literature book.  I don't even want to tell you what it's about because I love to see your expressions when you all are reading.  The fact that you all get consumed with the reading is simply awesome!  Then when you all ask me questions, or I listen to you all asking each other questions is just even better.  So... You're just going to have to wait and read in class to find out what it's all about, but I promise you all are going to really enjoy it.
     When we finish reading the play, we will be analyzing poems.  I know I'm certain some of you aren't too fond of poems, but I promise after we finish, you are going to appreciate it.  Plus many of you like music and poetry is very similar to it, so  I'm sure everyone is going to do just fine.
     Oh! Students please make sure you come to school everyday.  It's extremely important that you show up.  Remember that if you miss one day, you miss out on a lot, and as I have stated before, I completely understand inevitable situations, but please try your best to be present.
     Students next week we will begin to read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by: J.K. Rowling.  Please make sure to start bringing in $9.00, so that I can purchase the book for you.  It's extremely important that everyone has the book.  This way you aren't struggling with assignments, homework, quizzes, tests, or projects.  It's important that everyone knows exactly what is occurring during the reading.  You can't afford to just sit and listen to the discussion.  You are only hurting yourself, so please make an effort to get the book.  Remember that you can also check the book out at your school library.
     Let's continue to give it all we've got, so that all of you can be on that road to success.  I'm looking forward to another phenomenal week.
     I have added a video that about rhyme scheme.  Make sure to view it and bring in a poem or even a song in which you have labeled the rhyme scheme correctly.
Thank you,
Ms. Narvaez
   

No comments:

Post a Comment